Sunday 11 March 2007

Class 3's first reflections on caring for RealCare Baby - part two


On Thurday 1st March I had the baby for the morning. This experience was brilliant because it taught me how to learn about a child and how to look after it. I have named my baby Callum.

It made me feel stressed but at the same time it made me feel proud of myself. Before I was given the baby I was unsure if I could cope with things like supporting his neck and changing his nappy. I would like to look after the baby again overnight.

So far I have enjoyed the whole experience, however, I found the baby unrealistic because it did not move and a real baby is more floppy. When the baby was crying I found it hard to concentrate on my school work and I know this would have a long term effect in my education. I have also realised that being the age I am, I am not yet ready to look after a child. I was good at looking after the baby as I knew how to change him and make him stop crying.

By KM


I enjoyed the emotion of looking after the baby. In created happiness in the class, and it felt real the way it cried and laughed. Sometimes people would mistake Lewis for a real baby. It makes me feel like a dad, but I don’t want to be a father!

By EA

No comments: